PShell syntax for launching installs (EXE/MSI) from SCCM/MDT UDI task sequence within the same directory.

I have an UDI SCCM/MDT Task Sequence that launches stand-alone EXEs and MSIs fine...but when calling upon a script that has embedded logic to run a host of exe's/msi's, the script fails to do so. I believe its related to the "working directory" concept, in this case, C:\Windows\System32. My problem is, I'm not sure where the script is ran from during the OSD task sequence or how to account for this locale within my script(if even possible).

The script and sources files are compiled into one package that is listed in my task sequence. DPs and references have all been update prior to testing. All sources files are included with the script within the root of the said directory. SMSTS.log shows that the script successfully ran(exit code 0), but this is not the case as none of the solutions/apps have made it to my environment post deployment.

Any ideas?

TIA
randy

July 28th, 2015 1:00pm

Hi,

I'd recommend asking this in a ConfigMgr forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?category=systemcenter2012configurationmanager&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Product-specific questions are usually handled best in product-specific forums.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2015 1:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics