POP3 Service missing from Longhorn Beta IDx
This was sad... I was about to do some testing. Anyone know why? I suppose I could run 2003 Server in a VM? But that does not seem quite realistic - just so I can get my email. Does MS want me to install Exch/Server 2003? Thanks, Ring0
January 27th, 2007 11:23am

Yes, it is strangely missing. I wonder what we need to do?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 10th, 2007 11:47pm

Hi POP3 is no longer available in Windows Server as of Windows Server 2008. There are soo many mail services out there that deliver free mailboxes with more capabilities than POP3. If you are a small business you could use a Small Business Server and the POP3 connector to pull POP3 mails from your ISP to your own Exhcange server. David Lowe - MS wrote: Yes, the POP3 service is deprecated in Windows Server "Longhorn". Customers can look at Microsoft Exchange Server or Windows Small Business Server to provide that functionality or to move to a more robust service like IMAP. Brjann
August 11th, 2007 1:01am

we have developed for windos server 2008 a connector which implements a pop3 service connected to SMTP http://weblogs.asp.net/hpreishuber/archive/2008/04/30/visendo-smtp-pop3-extender-for-windows-2008-server.aspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 5th, 2008 9:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics