PKI set up issue

Hello Everybody,

I am following the guide 

Test Lab Guide: Deploying an AD CS Two-Tier PKI Hierarchy

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831348.aspx to set up the test PKI environment for my own practice.

On the part - To configure the root CA settings :-

When i try to run the below command in windows power shell, i get the error - certutil:too many arguments.

certutil -setreg CA\DSConfigDN CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=contoso,DC=com

Kindly somebody advise on this.

Thanks,

Amit

September 10th, 2015 2:40pm

Does the value you're using for CN=Configuration,DC=corp etc. have a space in it? If so, you may need to wrap that value in quotation marks in your command.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 5:51pm

-setreg

CertUtil [Options] -setreg [{ca|restore|policy|exit|template|enroll|chain|PolicyServers}\[ProgId\]]RegistryValueName Value

Set registry value

ca: Use CA's registry key

restore: Use CA's restore registry key

policy: Use policy module's registry key

exit: Use first exit module's registry key

template: Use template registry key (use -user for user templates)

enroll: Use enrollment registry key (use -user for user context)

chain: Use chain configuration registry key

PolicyServers: Use Policy Servers registry key

ProgId: Use policy or exit module's ProgId (registry subkey name)

RegistryValueName: registry value name (use "Name*" to prefix match)

Value: new numeric, string or date registry value or filename. If a numeric value starts with "+" or "-", the bits specified in the new value are set or cleared in the existing registry value.

If a string value starts with "+" or "-", and the existing value is a REG_MULTI_SZ value, the string is added to or removed from the existing registry value. To force creation of a REG_MULTI_SZ value, add a "\n" to the end of the string value.

If the value starts with "@", the rest of the value is the name of the file containing the hexadecimal text representation of a binary value. If it does not refer to a valid file, it is instead parsed as [Date][+|-][dd:hh] -- an optional date plus or minus optional days and hours. If both are specified, use a plus sign (+) or minus sign (-) separator. Use "now+dd:hh" for a date relative to the current time.

Use "chain\ChainCacheResyncFiletime @now" to effectively flush cached CRLs.

[-f] [-user] [-GroupPolicy] [-config Machine\CAName]

September 10th, 2015 6:36pm

Ignore Offline CRL Errors on the CA

Normally, a Windows Server 2003 CA will always check revocation on all certificates in the PKI hierarchy (except the root CA certificate) before issuing an end-entity certificate. To disable this feature, use the following command on the CA, and then restart the CA service:

certutil setreg ca\CRLFlags +CRLF_REVCHECK_IGNORE_OFFLINE 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 6:41pm

Try this one :

certutil -setreg CA\DSConfigDN "CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=contoso,DC=com"

September 10th, 2015 6:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics