PKI Operational Costs
Any estimates on the costs and/or hours for the ongoing tasks and maintenance associated with a PKI? Thank you, Paul
June 6th, 2011 6:49pm

It would all depend on your requirements. A simple Windows PKI solution can be setup in less than an hour with a couple hours of planning and with auto enrollment can require almost no maintenance until the root or intermediate certificates expire. Of course, if you have legal, regulatory, government, or other standards you have to meet with complex operational goals and several thousand users, your Windows PKI solution could require an entire FTE or more. Most of my customers use their internal PKI for basic e-mail encryption, internal web server certificates, secure ldap, basic EFS, etc, which is fairly easy to maintain. JoeJoseph M. Durnal MCM: Exchange 2010 MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator, Exchange 2010 MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator In Progress: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 7th, 2011 6:27am

My revised question: I work for a large organization which is required to meet many legal, regulatory and audit requirements. So, my question pertains more to: What are the cost and hour estimates required to meet the goverance, legal, regulatory, audit and maintenance requirements that will be defined in the CPS/Policy statements as part of a PKI? What is the best product to help faciliate this (Forefront, Venafi, etc.)? Are these the correct products for the requirement? Thank you! Paul TenHoeve
June 10th, 2011 5:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics