PKI: DCOM error on startup
I get this error in the event log on my Issuing CA on startup: Event Type: Error Event Source: DCOM Event Category: None Event ID: 10016 Date: 12/28/2010 Time: 10:58:46 AM User: MyDomain\administrator Computer: MyServer Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D99E6E73-FC88-11D0-B498-00A0C90312F3} to the user MyDomain\Administrator SID (S-1-5-21-2722954942-458309614-2947989593-500). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. It doesn't seem to stop any functionality or starting up. I've looked in the registry and found the CLSID is for the CertSrv.Admin component, which I can't find in DCOMCNFG to check the permissions. Any ideas?
December 29th, 2010 1:20pm

Hi, To better understand the issue, please help confirm the following: What OS version is running on the CA server? Does the event occur each time you restart the CA service? Is there any other error logged at the same time? Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 29th, 2010 10:13pm

Hey Jason, Sorry for the lacking info... OS: WS03 R2 SP2 Yes, the event occurs each time the service is started/restarted No other error events logged correspond to it. The error occurs identically twice on startup. Thanks for any feedback!
December 30th, 2010 8:23pm

You should look at the CertSvc component in DCOMCNFG. Else you can look up the APPID in registry under HKCR to confirm the service name. AccessPermission value there represents the application-specific permission settings. Its best to add it via the DCOM console.Sumesh P - Microsoft Online Community Support
January 6th, 2011 1:46pm

Thanks Sumesh, As noted in my original post, I did go into the registry and found the COM component name. That COM component does not exist in DCOMCNFG.
January 12th, 2011 8:15am

I checked and found that the display name in dcomcfg is CertSrv Request, the service name is CertSvc which you can see in the properties. Can you check that?Sumesh P - Microsoft Online Community Support
January 18th, 2011 10:49am

Also make sure that the LOCAL SERVICE has explicit read rights under [This key and sub keys]: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers\winreg Missing permissions there has also resulted in the DCOM error shown above. Sumesh P - Microsoft Online Community Support
January 18th, 2011 10:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics