PKCS12 format
I have genereated a smart card user certificate using Microsoft Enterprise CA onto personal store current user. Now I am trying to import the user cert onto the token. This token requires us to import PKCS12 format cert. Though when I tried to export the cert from the user store, the PKCS12 format option is greyed out. Only the der format show up. How do I generate and be able to export user cert with PKCS 12 format?
May 29th, 2008 3:53pm

Hello, Because exporting a private key might expose it to unintended parties, the PKCS#12 format is the only format supported in the WindowsServer2003 family for exporting a certificate and its associated private key. Please make sure the certificate template that the smart card certificate enrolls form allows private key to be exported. 1. Run "certtmpl.msc" in the command prompt to open template manager. 2. Right click the smart card certificate template such as "copy of smartcard user", in the Request Handling tab click the option "Allowed private key to be exported". 3. Re-request the smartcard certificate in the Web enrollment site. In the Advanced Certificate Request page, check to choose the option "Mark keys as exportable". 4. Then try to export the certificate in the current user personal store and check how it works. Hope it helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2008 9:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics