Output of the transform does not match the expected number of output parameters.

I have an Orchestration where the map transforms the one input message int four output messages.

Messages Constructed : Msg_MACINVOICE_NEW;Msg_MACINVDTL_NEW;Msg_MACAPDTL_NEW;Msg_MACAPDTLPO_NEW

Input Message Msg_InvoiceFile

Output message Msg_MACINVOICE_NEW.parameters, Msg_MACINVDTL_NEW.parameters, Msg_MACAPDTL_NEW.parameters, Msg_MACAPDTLPO_NEW.parameters

The output messages are Multipart messages where its schema's from the OracleDBBinding Inserts.

When I try to drop the file in the receive location I get the below error

Inner exception: Error encountered while executing the transform BizTalk.ABC.Transform_Invoices_New. Error:Output of the transform does not match the expected number of output parameters..

Exception type: XTransformationFailureException
Source: Microsoft.XLANGs.Engine
Target Site: Void ShredXmlDocument(System.IO.Stream, System.Object[], System.String, System.Xml.XmlDeclaration)
The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

What could be the problem.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

August 28th, 2015 8:02am

Hi,

Can you check youre Construct/Transform in your orchestration to determine what messages are expected to be constructed? 

Also if you using custom XSLT script refer: http://rogue-technology.com/blog/2013/07/biztalk-mapping-with-multiple-outputs-gotcha/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2015 8:11am

I did checked the link before, I am not using any XSLT. As I mentioned in my question I

Messages Constructed :(Construct)

Msg_MACINVOICE_NEW;Msg_MACINVDTL_NEW;Msg_MACAPDTL_NEW;Msg_MACAPDTLPO_NEW

Input Message Msg_InvoiceFile

Output message Msg_MACINVOICE_NEW.parameters, Msg_MACINVDTL_NEW.parameters, Msg_MACAPDTL_NEW.parameters, Msg_MACAPDTLPO_NEW.parameters

August 28th, 2015 8:13am

Hi,

Have you tested the map with this input file to check that the four Message Parts are being created?

Maybe some of the 4 output messages are not being created during the map execution and it's throwing this error.

Re

August 28th, 2015 8:27am

Hi,

Can you check the following things:

• The nodes MACINVDTL, MACAPDTL and MACAPDTLPO expects no transformation
  • Try testing the map in Visual Studio to get a better overview.

Rahul

• Edited by RahulS_88 18 hours 36 minutes ago
  • Marked as answer by vdha 12 hours 55 minutes ago
August 28th, 2015 8:32am

When I test the Map, I dont see any output. I gave the TestMap Input as Native and gave the test File and seeing nothing in the task list

Does this means there is no error inside the map

• Edited by vdha 18 hours 28 minutes ago
August 28th, 2015 8:39am

When you test the map with an input document, it should show the result of the transform in the output window.

If it is not showing any result it's posible that the map is failing. Can you check the Error Window when you are testing the map?

August 28th, 2015 8:55am

I am getting error as

Output validation error: The element 'Root' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/aggschema' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'OutputMessagePart_1'.    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\2\_MapData\BizTalk.ABC\Transform_Invoices_New_output.xml    

OutputMessagePart_1 is the Message Msg_MACINVDTL_NEW

I am not sure what is wrong here

August 28th, 2015 9:50am

Since you are not transforming the message MACINVDTL. Can you set the min occur property to 0 for the node and then try to test the map.

Rahul

August 28th, 2015 9:56am

Rahul

It is already 0

August 28th, 2015 10:07am

Hi,

Its always a good idea to go with incremental testing in Biz Talk. This way you can eliminate the risk of mapping failure.

very often we are tempted to try to solve a mapping problem from start to finish and only then we test solution. Leave it to the end can make it extremely difficult to detect problems in complex mappings. Limit the scope of testing should be a continuous and incremental process during the creation of maps, tests must be carried out as soon as a significant block is completed.

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by vdha 12 hours 55 minutes ago
August 28th, 2015 11:07am

Hi,

Rahul

• Edited by RahulS_88 Friday, August 28, 2015 12:29 PM
  • Marked as answer by vdha Friday, August 28, 2015 6:10 PM
August 28th, 2015 12:29pm

Hi,

Rahul

• Edited by RahulS_88 Friday, August 28, 2015 12:29 PM
August 28th, 2015 12:29pm

When I test the Map, I dont see any output. I gave the TestMap Input as Native and gave the test File and seeing nothing in the task list

• Edited by vdha Friday, August 28, 2015 12:36 PM
August 28th, 2015 12:36pm

• Edited by vdha Friday, August 28, 2015 12:36 PM
August 28th, 2015 12:36pm

I am completely agree with Abhishek. Increment testing will help you figure out the issue.

For above error, Could you please check what value you have mapped with value mapping functoid.

Because Logical functoids always output a Boolean value, either True or False. You cannot use the ouput of a Logical functoid as a value expecting a string. In other words, you cannot directly connect the output of a Logical functoid to some node or functoid that is expecting string versions of True and False ("true", "True", "TRUE", "false", "False", "FALSE", and so on).

August 28th, 2015 2:54pm

Hi,

Its always a good idea to go with incremental testing in Biz Talk. This way you can eliminate the risk of mapping failure.

very often we are tempted to try to solve a mapping problem from start to finish and only then we test solution. Leave it to the end can make it extremely difficult to detect problems in complex mappings. Limit the scope of testing should be a continuous and incremental process during the creation of maps, tests must be carried out as soon as a significant block is completed.

Thanks

Abhishek

August 28th, 2015 3:04pm

Hi,

Thanks

Abhishek

August 28th, 2015 3:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics