Oracle Connectors (3.0) with SSDT (2013)

In previous versions of BIDS we were able to customize the DataFlow toolbox to incorporate the Oracle Source and Oracle Destination items - however, it appears this is no longer the case in SSDT (no option to customize toolbox).  I've installed the 3.0 Microsoft Connectors for Oracle - when I create a new connection in the Connection Manager I can see the Attunity drivers, but under Other Source/Other Destinations in the Toolbox I cannot find the Oracle Source/Destination components.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

November 14th, 2014 6:44pm

It might be because you downloaded the 64 Bit version of the driver
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 14th, 2014 8:36pm

According to the documentation, the 64 bit install also installs the 32 bit dlls:

You only need to install the Attunity Oracle 64-bit connector. The 64-bit connector installs both the X86 (32-bit) and X64 (64-bit) DLLs.

• Edited by baal32 Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:01 AM
November 15th, 2014 12:01am

Hi baal32,

After installing the Microsoft Connectors v3.0 for Oracle on the Enterprise edition of SQL Server 2014 Integration Services system, I can reproduce the issue. There is no Oracle Source under Other Source group, no Oracle Destination under Other Destinations group. But please note that those two components located under Common group in the SSIS Toolbox pone. If you still couldn't find them, please restart SSIS Services.

The following screenshot is for your reference:

Please also note that the connector has system requirements.

• Supported Operating System:
    Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
  • Required operating environment:
    Enterprise or Developer edition of SQL Server 2014 Integration Services
  • Supported Oracle databases:
    Oracle 10.x; Oracle 11.x; Oracle 12c

Reference:
Microsoft Connectors v3.0 for Oracle and Teradata

Thanks,
Katherine

November 18th, 2014 8:07am

Thanks Katherine - I didn't think to look outside of the Sources and Destinations locations - not sure why these were moved into the 'Common' area away from the other sources and destinations.
November 25th, 2014 6:58pm

When will these be available for Win Server 2012r2? 
June 4th, 2015 6:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics