Ops Mgr 2012 R2 CU5 - Cannot Open service control manager on computer xxxxxxx

I have strange issue.  We have 2007 R2 Cu7 in our environment and creating a windows service alert works good. 

In the 2012 R2 CU5 environment, the error comes up when trying to connect to a windows service on the same computer.  I have tested this setting the default action account as local system and as an account that does have local admin rights.  The monitoring agent is installed manually in both scenarios.  We cant push the agent from the console because there is a firewall in the middle - but this should not matter, the same process works in the 2007 console with a firewall.  The default action account and run as accounts are the same in both environments.  Is there a registry setting on the 2012 Cu5 mgmt. server or something different regarding action accounts in 2012 Cu5?

Thanks

April 23rd, 2015 3:02pm

Hi,

It seems like that there are issues with WMI on this computer?

Regarding to this issue, I would like to suggest you rebuild WMI Repository, please follow the article below to troubleshoot WMI issue:

WMI Troubleshooting Tips

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2009/05/08/wmi-troubleshooting-tips.aspx

Hope this be helpful for you.

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2015 10:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics