Operations Manager Failed to Access the Windows Event Log and management server is showing warning state

Hi,

I am monitoring AD server from SCOM 2012 R2. My management server goes into waning state. When i run Health explorer then it come back in the healthy state but after some time it again goes into warning state. After seeing alert i found that a alert is coming again and again i.e.  Operations Manager Failed to Access the Windows Event Log.The description of alert is mention below

The Windows Event Log Provider is still unable to open the DhcpAdminEvents event log on computer 'nc2vws12ad5.corp.nathcorp.com'.
The Provider has been unable to open the DhcpAdminEvents event log for 64080 seconds.

Most recent error details: The RPC server is unavailable.

Please suggest me how to resolve this so that my management server will again come back in healthy state.

Thanks

Abhishek

April 22nd, 2015 7:11am

Hi There,

There are 3 reasons for this:

1. Your action account does not have permissions on the server to access the log.

2. Log location named "Dhcpadminevents" does not exists on that machine

3. Alert is targeted to wrong class so it is throwing you the alert saying that the Server does not have the event log so i am not able to open it.

Also if your management server has come to Warning, Can you open the Health Explorer and see what is in Waring and post the screenshot here so we can analyse.

April 22nd, 2015 4:22pm

Hi Gautam

I am getting following warning when i open health explorer of Management server.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 1:48am

Hi Abhishek,

As i mentioned earlier the Alert resolution says the same points.

Can you give details on the below ?

Is there really a log named "Dhcpadminevents" in the MS's Event viewer ?

Did you recently configure any new alert where you mentioned "Dhcpadminevents" as a event log location ?

If yes then what is the target you selected for the rule / monitor there ?

Can you post the results for analysis ?

April 23rd, 2015 2:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics