OpenVPN Subnet not reachable

Hallo Everyone,

I have a windows server 2012 R2 configured for Remote Desktop services. A seperate openvpn server / gateway (linux based) gives remote computers access to internal LAN.

All the other computers in LAN are reachable when connected via VPN, except the windows server. Also the remote computers are not reachable from windows server. It seems as if the VPN subnet is blocked in windows.

I tried a network trace in windows and no ping requests are being logged there.

I can see the logs in linux server that the ping request / RDP connection request is being forwarded to windows server, but no replies come back from windows.

Turning off windows firewall (to see if firewall block the traffic), does not change the situation also.

Interestingly, this problem was not there in the beginning and I suspect one of the recent updates.

Can any one point me in the right direction for troubleshooting ?

Ram

August 24th, 2015 9:12am

Hi Ram,

Please try to perform a network capture on the windows server to check if the icmp echo request message is received by the server.

If the server doesn't receive the packet, we need to find the network device which drops the packet.

If the server doesn't reply the packet, please check if the server has the route entry to send the reply.

To download network monitor, please click the link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865

Best Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 1:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics