OpenService 'RemoteRegistry' failed when building a 2008 R2 cluster
Hi I’m trying to build a W2k8 R2 cluster using HP BL465 G6. Both server builds are identical and both are on identical hardware. When I run the Validate a Configuration Wizard and enter the name of the first server it validates it but when I enter the second server I get the error "OpenService 'RemoteRegistry' failed". I get this error even if I run the validation wizard locally on the second server. I have checked the Remote Registry service and it is started and using the Local Service logon. Has anyone come across this before? I could understand if the validation failed on both servers but the fact that it works on node A but not B is a bit strange. I’d appreciate any help on this one. I’ve gone through a lot of the MS documentation on 2008 clustering and there is nothing mention regarding this error – bar making sure the service is started which it is. Thanks Lorne
November 25th, 2010 4:52am

Hello, i suggest to use the Clustering/High Availability forum instead this one: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverClustering/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2010 6:07am

Thanks Meinwolf for pointing me in the right direction. I went ahead and rebuilt the server and it works fine now
November 26th, 2010 3:50am

Hi, I had the same problem when I tried to validate cluster configuration using Windows Server 2008 R2. I added the IPs and hostnames of the two nodes to the Windows hosts file of these two nodes and the problem went away. Hope this helps!
January 11th, 2011 4:11am

Hi, I had similar problem. In my case the time synchronisation was not proper. Hope this helps! Thanks, Santhosh Santhosh Sivaraman MCITP: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA
April 20th, 2011 2:49am

I have also the same problemThanks
June 16th, 2011 10:12am

I have also the same problem Thanks Hello, i suggest to use the Clustering/High Availability forum instead this one: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverClustering/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 19th, 2011 6:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics