Only display values where another value is Yes

To simplify things, I have a country table that has a column "Country" for the name of the country, and a column "Active" which is a Yes, No, or possibly blank value based on if we are in that country.  I want to be able to have a pivot table that shows just the current list of counties that have "Yes" in the Active column.   I tried adding Country to Row Labels and Active to Report Filters, but didn't like how when new values were added, the list didn't automatically "check" the new countries.  Want this to be as automated as possible so when the data is refreshed, the values refresh.  Guessing needs to be some kind of measure but when I try them it keeps complaining no matter what I try or doesn't like my reference to "=Yes" because it thinks it's a table.  Thoughts?

Note, if I add the active column to "Values" in PowerPivot, it works because currently the report only has "Yes" or blank values so ignores the blanks, however don't want a column with a bunch of Count of A that show a 1 for the value, plus eventually there will be "No" values in there to which will probably return as well.

Thank.

• Edited by syarbrou1 Friday, November 08, 2013 4:52 PM
November 8th, 2013 7:49pm

Any thoughts for Syarbrou?

Thanks!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2013 6:12am

Syarbrou,

Have you made any progress with this?

Thank you!

November 30th, 2013 2:39am

Hi syarbrou1,

Can you illustrate what is happening now VS what you would like to happen using some screenshots? This may help us to come up with a solution to this.

Thanks

Michael

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 6th, 2013 5:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics