Only Excel files saved to File Server will either be corruped (0kb) or not saving at all
Hi all, I really appreciate if you guys can help me with this troubling issue which has driven me almost on verge of madness. I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit that is acting as a fileserver. My company has offices in Seoul,Mumbai,New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. The main hub or the server is located in Singapore. Now this is where it started. I deployed the machine in late November. Everything was working fine. Suddenly, users have issues when saving a file when working on their workstation they will save it straight to the server. The files will show up as either 0kb corrupter unable to open nor repair at all OR the changes are not being saved. Take note it only happens to EXCEL only. I have DFS running from India,Korea,Hong Kong -> Singapore as it is the main hub since we are using Citrix. Initially, I suspected the DFS was the issue so I disabled it. However, the problem still persists. It does not happen daily but rather on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. I need to have this solved soon or my head will be on the chopping board as the error has increased from 1 user to 5 users. Appreciate what you experts have for me. Thank you.
June 22nd, 2012 6:33am

1. Can you pinpoint the time when it started and all updates, installs and configuration that were done at that time. 2. Audit and Process Monitor may help you pinpoint the problem source. 3. Excel opens temporary file when you start working with it (or another Office document). Where is temporary file created in your system? Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2012 7:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics