One simple driver question for Windows 2008 64 bit
Hi everyone, After exhausting on one issue I just posted for my new 64 bit 2008 box... my mind is stuck and hope you can help on this one.... The 2008 64bit server is going to be a print server while the clients are all XP 32bit. If I would like to download the driver and install on the print server, which version should I download and install? XP 32bit driver, or Windows 2008 64 bt driver? Thank you very much! Takusan
June 30th, 2010 12:55am

Maybe both??? I would like to know the answer to this too, as I will be deploying a 64-bit Server 2008 R2 box as a print server next month and I also have loads of XP 32-bit clients.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2010 3:33am

Ah ... here's the answer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732946.aspx Yes, you should install both the 64-bit and the 32-bit print drivers if you want to support both 64-bit and 32-bit clients.
June 30th, 2010 3:36am

Note: On July 1st we will be making Windows Server 2008 R2 General forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the General Forum. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the General Forum. On June 11th, CSS engineers will move any new threads to the General Forum. Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.Shaon Shan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
June 30th, 2010 12:06pm

hi webfabrik, Thank you! So I should download and use Server driver (2k8) for the 64bit, and client driver (eg: Windows XP) for the 32 bit? Or I definitely need both 32bit and 64bit XP client on the 64bit W2k8. In other words, do I need 64bit server printer driver? Thank you very much!
June 30th, 2010 6:12pm

You should get the printer work on the printer server first. You can find more information under following article: Print Management http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766474.aspxShaon Shan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
July 2nd, 2010 8:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics