One Key Recovery Agent certificate or two?
If I have two issuing certificate authorities, should I generate two certificates for Key Recovery Agent one from CA1 and then go to CA2 and generate a second one there, and load the first cert on server 1 and the second on server 2 or should I just use one Key Recovery Agent certificate on both CAs
August 22nd, 2012 5:37pm

Hi, technically you can use one KRA for both CAs. If the CAs have different policies, e.g. one is a medium assurance CA and the other one a low assurance then you should have different KRAs. I create all the time two KRAs per CA, and i keep the PFX files and the password for backup reasons in different places. That way I have better chances if one KRA get lost or the password is lost. Regards, Lutz
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2012 6:12pm

Hi, technically you can use one KRA for both CAs. If the CAs have different policies, e.g. one is a medium assurance CA and the other one a low assurance then you should have different KRAs. I create all the time two KRAs per CA, and i keep the PFX files and the password for backup reasons in different places. That way I have better chances if one KRA get lost or the password is lost. Regards, Lutz
August 22nd, 2012 6:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics