Older Incidents Incorrect Status in Standard Reports

SCSM 2012 SP1 UR2.

We were using the Excel cube processing to create a report of Active incidents.  Of the hundred or so incidents that show as Open in the report, 5 are actually closed and 1 resolved.  Some of these incidents were resolved or closed as many as 6 months ago.

With these incidents we used a powershell script to change the status to "Active" - in the hopes that we could make the Data Warehouse extract job re-read the ticket status.  On 2 of the incidents we successfully changed the status to "Active" and then "Resolved" the incident in the console.  When the cubes ran overnight, these 2 incidents no longer show up in our "Active Incidents" excel report. (yay)

On the other 4 incidents, the 3 that were initially closed and made "Active" again (and subsequently resolved in the Console) are still showing "Active" in reports.  The ticket that was Resolved was Closed in the console - but it too is still showing as "Active" in reports.

The standard reports available when Data Warehouse was installed also show these 4 incidents as active.  I have checked our logs on Data Warehouse and our Management Server and there are no errors.  All the Extract/Load jobs in Data Warehouse appear to be running and completing successfully.

As a side note prior to the end of October we had some serious performance issues with our Management server that resulted in workflows not running and us having to reboot our SCSM environment twice weekly.  I am thinking that this could have caused corruption in DW along the way.

Extract job is currently functioning properly - I'm sure - since I can run a standard report in the Console of "incidents resolved today" and I get appropriate data (except for the incidents above that I resolved today - they still show as active in the standard DW reports)

Ideally I would just like to fix this handful of Incidents.  Rebuilding DW would be absolute last resort.

December 6th, 2013 9:53pm

I'm having the exact same issue.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 4th, 2014 10:39pm

After upgrade from 2012 to 2012R2 with UR2 this problem resolved itself.
February 5th, 2015 3:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics