Offline file default sync time
I have Windows 2008 Server with folders to setup to be available offline, I have users running Windows 7 and Vista, and a couple of XP workstation. I am seeing two issue they may be related. If I reboot the server I have some of Windows 7 and Vista users that indicate the office files don't show as being available When the server come back on line. XP user never seem to have the problem Can anyone tell me what is the default times file sync will occur for the Windows 7 and Vista. Example file sync occurs at user logon. Does file syn occur when a user logs off, does it occur several times daily or only when a change occurs.
February 9th, 2011 10:29pm

Hi, I suggest syncing the offline manually to check if the issue is related to sync. 1. Click Start -> In the search box, type Sync Center, and then, in the list of results, click Sync Center. 2.Click the Offline Files folder. Then, on the toolbar, click Sync to sync all your offline files. If any error message is received, please let me know. If the issue persists, please configure the following policy. User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files Go to enable Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files feature. In addition, here is the information about synchronization in Windows 7 Offline Files. http://blogs.technet.com/b/netro/archive/2010/04/09/how-the-synchronization-in-windows-7-offline-files-works.aspx Regards, NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2011 4:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics