Offline Files in sync center goes offline whenever i open a file

I have been having problems with files getting conflicts. After looking at a few different things I saw every time I open a file that was a office program, wordpad, paint the offline files sync center will show disconnected from the network shared. If I open a file in notepad it will stay connected.

So if you open a file and make a quick change and then save it, it will sometimes give you a conflict. I do not know why it gives me a conflict because no one else would change the file in the short amount of time.  Now if you open a file wait a few minutes till the offline sync comes back online then save the file it will NOT cause any conflicts.

We are also using windows folder replication on the desktop and my documents.  

No one else would change the files. These files are only used by the one end user. These are this desktop and "my document" files. The link below is one example of what the conflict looks like.
As you can see they have the same last modified date and time and the size is the same. This is why I don't understand why its giving me a conflict.

So its not just office programs. When I open notepad it DOES NOT make the offline sync center show disconnected. So what is different from notepad and the other programs?

s9.postimg.org/vl84tkdjz/offfline.png

• Edited by travis77 6 hours 22 minutes ago re-did the question
May 24th, 2015 12:16am

> I have been having problems with files getting conflicts. After looking > at a few different things I saw every time I open a file the offline > files sync center will disconnect.   Maybe it switches automatically - you can disable this via http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#2093  
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2015 10:41am

I have added information to the question. We are using windows 7 pro 64bit. First after testing some more it looks like its more then just office programs that is causing problems. It is also happening on paint and wordpad. However if you use notepad it does not cause a problem. I have had it happen both ways I would make a new file and it would make a conflict and an exiting file would make a conflict but it doesn't happen 100% of the time. I have added a link to show what the conflict looks like.

I will have to look into the policy about it getting a slow connect. I just not sure if this would be the problem since now we know its happening using paint and wordpad.

• Edited by travis77 6 hours 14 minutes ago
May 26th, 2015 8:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics