Offline Files extension exclude
Hi all, I have a domain controller server 2003 and a windows xp sp3 machine. On the server I made a netwerkshare for the user's documents On the Xp machine I enable Offline Files. As Default .pst and some other extensions are not sync That works fine But I want some other extension exclude from the sync I try to do this with GPO I fill in the "Files not Cached" But it's not working. I read many items about it and try some registry keys but the fail all. Any Idea?
June 21st, 2011 11:32am

Hi, How did you configure the "Files not Cached" policy? The list you create in this policy replaces the system's default list of non-cached files. Thus, to add a file to the default list, type a list that includes the default files and the type you are adding. To remove a file type from this list, type a list that includes all file types in the default list, except for the type you are removing. Please make sure the policy has been configured correctly. If the problem continues, please help us clarify the following questions. 1. Which extension are you trying to exclude from the sync? Did you add this extension and all the default file extensions in the "Files not Cached" policy? 2. On the Windows XP client, run gpresult /v or rsop.msc to check if the policy has been applied successfully. 3. What registry keys have you tried to achieve the goal? For more information, please refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938411.aspx Regards, Bruce This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2011 5:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics