Offline File Sync Problem - Keeps asking for password
Hello, For some reason, one of my laptops cannot sync to our server without asking for a password every single time the employee comes into the office. It wants him to re-login. The File Sync will pop up like its starting, then a username/password box comes up. If they try to login with their normal domain credentials, it will say the user is already logged in. I don't know where the problem might lie.. ? Any help would be appreciated.
September 8th, 2010 3:14pm

after typing their credentials does it sync or not? do they have a drive mapping with an old password? have they recently changed their domain password and then problem started? Roy Mayo | MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2010 3:30pm

After you type the credentials it says that the user is already logged into the computer. Yes, they have changed their password recently as well.
September 8th, 2010 3:40pm

Is there a drive mapping to the file sync location? I suggest you delete the drive mapping and create a new one.Roy Mayo | MCSE
September 8th, 2010 3:54pm

Its a folder redirection for my documents.
September 8th, 2010 4:34pm

have you checked the permissions on the redir folder? check it against the permissions of someone elses redir folder. Roy Mayo | MCSE
September 8th, 2010 4:54pm

will you please post what your fix was? thanksRoy Mayo | MCSE
September 9th, 2010 3:10pm

Hi, Delete the previous sync and create new sync once again to the same folders Thanks and Regards, Vikas This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
September 9th, 2010 3:29pm

Actually, all I did was had the person enter their previous password or change their password. for some reason, nobody in this company has changed their password in 5 years
September 23rd, 2010 3:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics