Office 365 Outlook prompts for password whenever outlook is restarted.

Hello Folks,

We have recently deployed Office 365 (We had Kerio email system previously, But we did not do a migration).

The problem is 

Office 365 Outlook prompts for password whenever outlook is restarted

Tried the following workarounds, 

1) Logon network security under More Settings on the Microsoft Exchange Security tab is set to a value other than Anonymous Authentication

2) Tried removing the Generic Credentials from Credential manager.

The is issue is only for some users (Majority). 

(OS Platform: Windows 7/Windows 8).

Thanks in Advance

April 22nd, 2015 10:43pm

Hi,

here an article describing how to connect in a manual way Outlook to O365 (http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/3307-manually-configure-outlook-to-connect-with-office-365).

In reality you should not have to do that. When you create a new Outlook profile and you enter your email address (SMTP address) Outlook should automatically get the correct settings over autodiscovery.

The password can be stored and only if users change their passwords they have to update it. If I am correct what I can see from the screenshot you are on Outlook 2010, please make sure you have installed all Outlook/Office patches.

Hth,

Lutz

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 11:11pm

Hi Luts,

Thanks for your valuable update. I am extremely sorry for uploading a wrong image.

We are using outlook 2013, We also tried configuring it manually by creating a out look profile.

Thanks

April 22nd, 2015 11:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics