Office 2003 not showing ADRMS custom template
Fellows, I am in a process to deploy Windows Server 2012 based ADRMS. Word/Excel 2003 Professional is not showing the templates. When i go to protect document menu, it attempts to look for rights management server but then shows windows live id popup. Following are necessary information: 1. Windows XP SP3 2. MS Office 2003 Professional SP3 (applied KB978551 as well) 3. Manually installed ADRMS client 1.0 & Created Registry Entries following the article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772665%28v=ws.10%29.aspx 4. Manually copied RMS Templates to %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\DRM\Templates Still MS Word is not able to lookup the templates. What am I missing? any thoughts or guidlines? Thanks. J.A
April 30th, 2013 11:04am

Missed to mention, I also have included the ADRMS cluster name in the local intranet sites list. J.A
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2013 11:17am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. For ADRMS-related issue, I suggest we seek help in our RMS forum. There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with this topic. Rights Management Services http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/rms/ Your understanding is appreciated. Regards Kevin
May 2nd, 2013 8:14am

Hi Fellows, I setup the ADRMS on Windows Server 2012 with Cryptographic Level 2. Which was all the issue. What i could get so far is that cryptography level 2 is supported by Windows 8 (by default) and Windows 7 (after applying an update) but not by Windows XP. In my case Office 2003 was installed on Windows XP so that was the cause. I had to uninstall the ADRMS and reinstall it with Cryptography level 1. Things started working immediately after. Now ADRMS functionality is working fine on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8. Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013. Thanks.J.A
May 7th, 2013 10:42am

Hi Fellows, I setup the ADRMS on Windows Server 2012 with Cryptographic Level 2. Which was all the issue. What i could get so far is that cryptography level 2 is supported by Windows 8 (by default) and Windows 7 (after applying an update) but not by Windows XP. In my case Office 2003 was installed on Windows XP so that was the cause. I had to uninstall the ADRMS and reinstall it with Cryptography level 1. Things started working immediately after. Now ADRMS functionality is working fine on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8. Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013. Thanks.J.A

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics