Odd Folder Redirection Behavior.
We have Desktop and My Docs redirected via a GPO, Offline files are working great except for our laptops. Whenever they are logged in outside the corperate network, the desktops and my docs are empty, getting the offline files to display can take anything from waiting a few minutes, to refreshing the desktop, to as much as several reboot or logoff/logon cycles. Ive been searching and trying all kinds of solutions the past week, and nothing has worked. Any help would be awesome.
April 2nd, 2009 7:48pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what operating system is being used on the laptops. Windows XP or Windows Vista? For the Windows XP laptops, please request and install the hotfix KB940648 and check the result. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;940648 In addition, please verify that the offline files have been cached on the client machines: In Windows XP: Open Control Panel, open Folder Options, and click View Files button in Offline Files tab. In Windows Vista: Open Control Panel, open Offline Files, and click View your offline files button.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 7th, 2009 5:37am

The operating system is windows XP, Offline files are cached properly, I will install the hotfix and let you know.
April 20th, 2009 5:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics