Obsolete encryption

I have an IIS server with a public certificate from one of the big guys. Chrome says:

"Your connection to mydomain.com is encrypted using an obsolete cipher suite. The connection uses TLS 1.2. The connection is encrypted using AES_128_CBC, with HMAC-SHA1 for message authentication and RSA as the key exchange mechanism"

I created the initial CSR on a Windows 2008 R2 server using the certificates MMC and "Advanced > Create custom request.  For the private key I chose 2048 length and SHA384 algorithm.  

What other option(s) in here will lead to me have a cipher suite that isn't "obsolete"?  I chose RSA as the Cryptographic Service Provider. Do I need to choose something else in the list instead?

Thanks!

August 20th, 2015 4:18pm

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:10:34 +0000, CCSys wrote:

I have an IIS server with a public certificate from one of the big guys. Chrome says:

"Your connection to mydomain.com is encrypted using an obsolete cipher suite. The connection uses TLS 1.2. The connection is encrypted using AES_128_CBC, with HMAC-SHA1 for message authentication and RSA as the key exchange mechanism"

I created the initial CSR on a Windows 2008 R2 server using the certificates MMC and "Advanced > Create custom request.  For the private key I chose 2048 length and SHA384 algorithm.  

What other option(s) in here will lead to me have a cipher suite that isn't "obsolete"?  I chose RSA as the Cryptographic Service Provider. Do I need to choose something else in the list instead?

You should check with the public certificate pro

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 11:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics