OMS Agent on Server with Windows Monitoring Agent installed

Hi Together,

after the SCU 2015 i wanted to test the OMS Suite by installing the OMS Agent on my Service Manager 2012 R2 Environment.

But i get the Error message: Microsoft Monitoring Agent cannot be installed on Computers on which one of the folowing components has been installed: Managment Server .....

How can i get OMS Agent ot run on my Service Manager Enviroment?

thank you

August 27th, 2015 3:12am

SCOM agent of any version DOESNT work on SCSM 2012 servers, even dont try to install it, you can damage your SCSM installation.  So the only way to monitor SCSM servers with SCOM is a using agentless monitoring.
Roger
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 3:48am

Hey Roger,

thanks for your reply so there is no possibility to use OMS with SCSM :(  Only to connect the whole SCOM Managment Group to OMS.

thank you

August 27th, 2015 3:49am

You can use connector to connect sccm and scom. for detail, pls. refer

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/12/17/service-manager-connectors.aspx

Roger

August 27th, 2015 4:31am

Maybe there is a missunderstanding.

I want to Monitor my SCSM Server via OMS ( Azure).

August 27th, 2015 4:49am

Hi

Although you connect the management group to OMS, you still get to specify which servers you want to allow to communicate with OMS.

However, I'd be careful about doing this with the SCSM servers. You'll likely get a compatibility check error as the Microsoft Monitoring Agent for OMS is version > 7 where as the version that is on SCSM is likely 6.something.

Note - that SCSM monitoring is not agentless. The monitoring uses the SCSM agent (which is the SCOM agent) locally. It works as per a manual agent install (see pending management) although you don't actually install the SCOM agent. Yes - it is ridiculous.

http://www.systemcenterrocks.com/2015/02/monitor-scsm-2012-sp1-or-r2-with-scom.html

Cheers

Graham

August 27th, 2015 8:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics