OEM licensing and VMware virtualization
Hello Can anyone clarify the situation with virtualising a windows 2003 server with OEM licensing? As i understand it, Microsoft are in the process of relaxing some OEM licnesing models, or are these changes only in the new version of SQL? Any guidance would be greatly received (or please point me to the right forum!) Thanks Sam
August 17th, 2010 9:17am

Hello, please describe exactly which licenses you have now and what you like to install at the end on which machine, physical and virtual.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2010 9:50am

Hi, Also, have a look at following article that explains licencing well: Licensing Windows Server in a Virtual Environment http://blogs.technet.com/b/mattmcspirit/archive/2008/11/13/licensing-windows-server-in-a-virtual-environment.aspx hope that help, Gunter
August 17th, 2010 11:28am

Hi, As far as I know, you can’t use an OEM license in a virtual machine. By the way, for a license issue, it is recommend that you call Microsoft License Center so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 18th, 2010 6:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics