ODBC - SQL Server Native Client 10 & 11 - Diagnostic Messages language

Hi,

How can we change the language of diagnostic messages of driver-detected errors ?

If the error is Server-detected, i can 'force' the desired language during connection ( using connection attribute Language ) but when the error is detected by the driver, i cannot get the message in the desired language.

There is any configuration parameter ( windows registry level, etc ) that can be changed ? Or the language of the diagnostic messages is defined by the display language ( ? ) used by Client Machine ?

Thanks in advance,

September 14th, 2015 5:42am

Hi,

Regarding Server-detected errors, I understand them as ones raised in a SQL Server. You can "force" the desired language because they're customized in different language in SQL Server(in sysmessages).

I understand the driver-detected errors as some errors like "invalid connection string" that popped up in the application end, ''force the desired language" seems to be some locale problem. Have no idea on what language you're developing in, please see if the sample in C# would give you some clue. 
C# - Exception messages in English?
September 15th, 2015 2:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics