O365 Search Result Types Not Prioritizing

Hi there,

Has anyone else had a problem with their new/custom search result types not displaying as a priority above the default/system ones?  I've created multiple custom result types for People, all using the same custom display template but none of them seem to override the default OOB system one.  I've tried creating both site and site collection scoped result types. 

If I edit the display templates settings of my Search Results web part, and set it directly to my custom display template - everything works as expected and it renders people results using my custom display template.  However, if I set it to 'use result type rules to decide' - it always shows the default OOB template for People results.  How do I indicate that I want it to supersede the OOB default?  I've seen this now in 2 different tenant O365 environments. 

August 20th, 2015 7:47pm

Hi,

Please if the below can help you

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Dn386874.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 8:51pm

Query rules are the way to go, see here:  Customize People display template on Everything scope (results.aspx)
  • Marked as answer by Tracy'S 12 hours 49 minutes ago
  • Edited by Tracy'S 12 hours 48 minutes ago
September 3rd, 2015 2:37pm

Query rules are the way to go, see here:  Customize People display template on Everything scope (results.aspx)
  • Marked as answer by Tracy'S Thursday, September 03, 2015 6:32 PM
  • Edited by Tracy'S Thursday, September 03, 2015 6:34 PM
September 3rd, 2015 6:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics