O365 Customize results.aspx People Display Template

According to this posting, the display template that is used to render People search results on the 'Everything' scope (results.aspx page) is Item_Person_CompactHorizontal.html.  I have created a copy of that file, edited it, and associated it with a new result type (see below).  If I select that Display Template explicitly within the search results web part on the results.aspx page, then I see the change. 

However, when I select to use result type rules (see below), the change does not show.  Does this require a full search crawl to reflect the changes?  In the past, I've had to wait up to a week for search changes to appear as the result of a full crawl in O365 (ridiculous, I know).  It's only been 5 days so far, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. 

Thanks!

-Tracy

• Edited by Tracy'S Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:55 PM
August 25th, 2015 6:54pm

Hi Victoria,

I have not found that to be the case in O365.  The (site collection) result type I created took nearly a week before it finally showed as the priority result type display template on my page.  Editing the result type does not appear to have any effect.  That leads me to believe it requires a crawl of some sort. 

Regarding customizing the Item_Person_CompactHorizontal.html display template, I cannot see a way to do this without editing the original OOB file, as there is no result type mapped to this template.

Warmly,

-Tracy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2015 2:21am

Yea, I could start a new thread.  Or people could just go here for the answer

Warmly,

-Tracy

• Edited by Tracy'S Monday, August 31, 2015 11:35 PM
August 31st, 2015 11:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics