Notify Operator Task not passing Profile parameter to sp_notify_operator

Hi,

We have a maintenance plan which performs a backup and then notifies operator on failure.  The notify operator task is not working and producing an error:

Executing the query "EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_notify_operator @name=N'Servic..." failed with the following error: "No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.  End Error

While enabling a default public database mail profile works, i wanted to understand why the task is not sending the @profile_name parameter which has to be specified during task creation.  If I enter my profile name, then edit the task and click view t-sql it clearly shows that it isn't passing this parameter.

Anybody know why?

Thanks,.

Dom

June 29th, 2015 4:56am

It seems Notify an operator task relies on a public or global operator. I'm not seeing anywhere to configure a specific profile in a maintenance plan.

See more details and workaround in the below link.

http://gumption.co.nz/2013/09/how-to-resolve-no-global-profile-is-configured-issue-in-sql-server/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2015 12:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics