Notify IR 'Assigned To' when MA is closed workflow
Hi All, 

I've been setting up a new SCSM 2012r2 environment and am just about ready to go live but I haven't been able to find a way to manage Manual Activity notification.

What I would like to do is when having IR's which have MA's. When a MA is completed (most likely by a different Analyst to the one 'Assigned To' for the IR) an email is sent to the Analyst who is 'Assigned To' in the IR.

I've tried to do this by using the Activity Event Workflow Configuration > Manual Activity. By sending notifications to the Assigned To User, but it sends an email to Activity Implementer of the MA not the Assigned to of the IR - which isn't what I want.

I've also been looking at the Incident Event Workflow Configuration but I can't figure out what event criteria in the Changed From/Changed To would trigger the workflow.

Has anyone had this situation before and managed to solve it?

Thankyou,
Nic
  • Edited by Nic Hannay Sunday, May 24, 2015 3:45 AM
May 24th, 2015 3:33am

This may be a job for Orchestrator. I'm typing outloud here, but I think what you'd be after is a runbook that looks like...

1. Monitor Object (Manual Activity updated)
    a. link is Status equals Completed
2. Get Object (Manual Activity) - pull SC Object GUID from previous step
3. Get Relationship (MA to IR) - Count not equal to 0
    a. Should return all MAs that have parent IRs
4. Get Relationship (IR to Assigned To) - Not equal to null
    a. Would verify that the completed MA is actually going to notify someone from the Parent IR
5. Send Email

I keep re-reading my above steps and feel as though I'm missing/overlooking something. Thoughts anyone?

• Edited by Adam Dzak Sunday, May 24, 2015 7:43 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2015 7:42pm

Thanks Adam, I've been focussing more on ways to do this using SCSM workflows and not orchestrator. Ill start looking at Orchestrator. Cheers

May 25th, 2015 4:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics