Notification of Event Collection Rule

Hi ,

I have create one Event Collection rule, and able to view all the collected events in Event View. now i have created subscription and choose such rule for such event notifications to subscriber but no any events details delivered to subscriber..

Other alerts are successfully delivered to subscriber , please suggest how can we send notifications of such Event Collection rule.

I am using SCOM 20

July 28th, 2015 12:49pm

SCOM subscription is target for alert and not for event collection rule

roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2015 11:51pm

thanks Roger

Is any workaround for this ?

July 29th, 2015 2:39am

If you want to use notification for event detection, I recommend that you should create a simple timer reset event detection monitor and create a create corresponding subscription.

Roger

July 29th, 2015 3:06am

Personally I would avoid timed reset and manual reset monitors.

For events where there is no healthy event id, I'd prefer to use a rule as it is less confusing for end users.

Are you using SCOM to collect all windows events from all servers??

July 29th, 2015 7:45am

Hi Graham,

I created Event Collection rule  for Remote Logon and Logoff and event i am getting in SCOM Event View, but i want notifications from this rule. for this i had created one subscription and added that rule but no any notification delivered to Subscriber. other notification are fine.

July 29th, 2015 8:19am

Hi Shailendra,

1- Have you checked whether the event is getting triggered in alert console?

2- Are other notifications delivered to the same subscriber?

3- Have you configured the right logon and logoff event IDs for the collection rule.

4- In the subscription, make sure you selected the correct rule.

Please verify the points, this should resolve your query.

July 30th, 2015 11:53am

Hi Vinay,

Events is not getting triggered in Alert Console as i created a Event Collection rule and such event i can check in Event View.. and yes the same subscriber is getting alerts from other alert sources, Choosing the right Rules in subscription.

July 30th, 2015 2:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics