Not receiving email generated by client website, sent by AmazonSES

Client's website generates emails that are sent via Amazon Simple Email Services (amazonses.com).  Since we migrated them to O365 (E1) they haven't received emails generated by their website.  Messages sent to the mailboxes/groups in question, when sent directly from elsewhere are received and/or distributed correctly.

Message tracing shows that emails are arriving from MAILER-DAEMON@amazonses.com but either Failures or Undeliverable.  They do coincide with test submissions on the website.

Things I have tried that haven't helped:

I found others using amazonses to send emails to O365 that were able to correct the issue by including amazonses and associated IP blocks to their spf record.  Didn't help.

I setup rules to bypass filtering for anything from amazonses, the mailer-daemon, the address listed as 'From', and even anything sent to info@ (yikes!), one of the emails in question.  Didn't help.

I tried to add the IP blocks for amazonses to the connection filtering allow list but amazonses uses n.n.n.n/22 and n.n.n.n/18 and the filter won't accept numbers lower than /24, so I put them in at /24 to see if that helped.  Nope.  Not sure if that's ok to do it that way or not, the CIDR explanations were a bit much for me.  Seemed like it would allow more, rather than less so I took the shot.  No help.

I tried turning on test mode content filtering, with only the default bulk email setting on, no help.

Tried changing the receiving email from a distribution group to a proxy.  Didn't help.

I don't see much else I can do.  I am trying to get the website manager to let me dig around on that end but haven't been able to yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

June 27th, 2013 3:07am

Turns out it was Amazon SES, they have a 'supression list' that stops sending to any email that has bounced and the web guy wasn't monitoring it.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2013 1:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics