Not finding the Server in the domain
Hi i have a couple of questions 1. I have installed the windows server 08 R2 enterprise and I have installed the ADDS on it with some default name of the server, but later on I have changed the server name to intellistore. then Still all my files on the desktop are saved under the folder Administrator.WinCCAdfasdixxxx and there is isnt any user folder which says 'Administrator.intellistore' Why am I not getting the user folder as Administrator.intellistore Another question is . I cannot see the DC in the domain when I open the domain through the client systems though I have set the network discovery as CUSTOM, which is default when your system is a DC. Is there anyplace I have to check for this? Thanks! Dave K
April 9th, 2010 10:01pm

Hello, The Administrator account is still the same (That is both as computer and domain) so that is why you will not see any chnage to it. Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 10th, 2010 6:14am

Hello, renaming the server will not rename any other locations where it is used. The SID didn't change with renaming and so access is still granted, even with the different name. Do you talk about network neighbourhood? Therefore you have to make sure that network discovery is enabled and also chekc that NetBIos over TCP/IP is enabled on the NIC. If you have multiple subnets in use you have to use a WINS server. Network discovery requires some services to be running: DNS ClientFunction Discovery Resource PublicationSSDP DiscoveryUPnP DiscoveryBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
April 10th, 2010 8:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics