Not enough disk space on hard drive Windows 2003 Server
Dell built a server for one of my clients, Windows 2003 Server edition, when the partitoned the hard drive, The made the C drive way too small, only 12 gigs. Well they have everything all set up, users, permissions, programs ect. Some of it is so in depth that it would be a big time hardship to put in a new drive and reinstall. is it possible to resize the c drive with something like partition magic or ghost to a larger drive with norton ghost? and i forgot to mention that is has 2 160g hard drives mirrored.. I tried doing a ghost from what i thought was the main drive to another drive, but it didn't take. it just comes up and says can't find multiboot something when i try to boot from the drive i ghosted to. i hooked it up in another machine and there's not partition on the drive now. So has anyone had an experience resizing the partition on a server like this? If i resize it, does the mirrored drive automatically pick up the changes? I don't want to crash this thing..
March 10th, 2010 4:24pm

Since they are mirrored, they read as 1 drive. Sounds like C:\ partition is set up as "boot drive" (with the OS on it). Is the remaining 140+ GB available as "D:\" drive? If so, then you can store all your files and even setup programs on D:\ . This would be "as is"... no changes needed.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 12th, 2010 9:58am

Since the disk space is not enough, through shrinking another disk space for extend this partition is necessary. That turns out to be the best one of partition magic windows server 2003 is Partition Assistant Server Edition.
December 17th, 2010 4:17am

PM exposes disk to an unacceptably high risk of losing data. I do fire people who recommends anything like PM. I do it immediately and w/o any doubt. MCITP: Enterprise Administrator; MCT; Microsoft Security Trusted Advisor
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 17th, 2010 9:59am

You really got the headache situation, so small space how you can feel the highly working performance. Considering your problem, I’d like recommend you an article with the detail tutorial about the operating procedure of extend system partition server 2003 with the serve partition magic tools.
April 19th, 2011 4:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics