Not able to understand behavior of SharePoint search?
I have implemented SharePoint search 2013 and i am searching on one of fields which is of people/person type with only single selection , name of the field is requestor and query that i am using is {?{SearchBoxQuery} (site:http://site-URL/Lists/list-name/) (-filename:allitems.aspx)}, when i am trying to search as "Requestor:CS Requestor" but i am getting search results for two users "requestor cs" and "cs requestor", according to my understanding i should get only results which has only "CS Requestor: in requestor field.

please help

thanks,
Gaurav
June 24th, 2015 5:49am

Any spaces between letters will be treated as two separate words, ie 'CS' and 'Requestor'. As such you'll get matches for each of them in isolation. You might be able to get it to search 'CS Requestor' using quotation marks but i can't remember how SharePoint treats them.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 6:12am

Any spaces between letters will be treated as two separate words, ie 'CS' and 'Requestor'. As such you'll get matches for each of them in isolation. You might be able to get it to search 'CS Requestor' using quotation marks but i can't remember how SharePoint treats them.
June 24th, 2015 10:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics