Not able to run the SSIS package in SQL Server Agent Job in SQL 2012

Hi,

I scheduled a job (SQL SERVER AGENT) which will call my SSIS package. This package will execute 5 packages in loop.
When I execute this job I am getting error as below
============================================================
Started  : 12:30:19 PM 
Error  : 2014-01-23 12:30:20.37    
Code  : 0xC00220EC    
Source  : Execute Package Task     
Description : Error 0x80070005. Failed to create an instance of empty child package.
    The Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) configuration or the installation of SQL Server Integration Services,
    may be corrupted on your machine.  End Error 
Error  : 2014-01-23 12:30:20.37    
Code  : 0xC00220DE    
Source  : Execute Package Task     
Description : Error 0x80070005 while loading package file "D:\SSIS\RetailMobileApp\Staging_Pkg\stg_Category_Master.dtsx". Access is denied.End Error 
DTExec  : The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). 
Started  : 12:30:19 PM 
Finished : 12:30:20 PM 
Elapsed  : 1.123 seconds. 
The package execution failed. 
The step failed.
============================================================

In the STEPS I have selected as follows:
Type  : SQL Server Integration Services Package
Run as: SQL Server Agent Service Account
Package Source: File System

What config I need to check here ? This job is not able to access the package stored in the f

January 23rd, 2014 5:28am

First, I would have a look at the "Access is denied" error. Does the windows account that runs sql agent service have access to the dtsx file and folder ? If not, either (1) grant the account access, or (2) change the sql agent service account to one with sufficient rights, or (3) create a sql proxy for SSIS package execution and use this proxy to run the job steps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2014 5:57am

Thanks for your reply. I had created credentials and used this while creating the Proxy account. With the Proxy account I am able to execute the Job Successfully. Concern here is I used my NT account to create this Proxy. Suppose If I left from the current project if some one is coming to this project later they need to change the credential with their NT account and run the JOB? Is this right way or we an create any other account in common? If so how?
January 24th, 2014 4:02am

Not only if you leave, but also if your password expires, as is the policy in many companies. What I suggest is : to ask the domain admins to create a specific NT account to run unattended sql jobs, with a password that never expires and with only the minimum rights necessary to access files and database.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2014 4:59am

Oh, then this is not related technically. I need to go back with the IT or Infra team in my company to create all those things. Any way ur suggestions gave a solution for my question. But it will work out or not I am not sure. Because dependency is there right ?

Since some short of solution or I can say some way I got it to proceed further I will Mark ur reply as answer. Thanks.

January 24th, 2014 5:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics