No values for refiners for managed properties based managed metadata columns in SharePoint 2013 on premise

On a SharePoint Server 2013 setup (on premise) we want to use a number of managed metadata columns in the search as refiner. The managed metadata column is called "Document Language" and so it automatically creates a managed property called owstaxidDocumentx002Language which I can use to do a keyword query by typing owstaxiDocumentx0020Language:"NL" in the search box and it returns results. I also marked this managed property as refineable (in the service search application) and it appears in the seach refiners selection box but it states that there are no values for this refiner.

So I decided to create a new managed search property "DocumentLanguage" and maps this to "ows_Document_x0020_Language" - I marked it as queryable, searchable, refineable, retrievable and sortable but this managed search property is not being filled up.

I already executed a number of full crawls but this does not seem to work. Anyone know what to do next?

Rgds,

Joris [http://jopx.blogspot.com]

January 24th, 2014 2:08am

It happened with me many times that the automatically generated managed property is not properly mapped to the crawled property and to get the correct crawled property  get the document item 

$web=Get-SPWeb http://webUrl
$list=$web.Lists["documentLibrary"]
$list.Items[0].Xml>>item.xml

View the item.xml and check if the ows_Document_x0020_Language contains data

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2014 8:08pm

Hi Joris,

Have you got any solution to above issue? I am stuck with same condition and not able fix it. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vijay Js

August 29th, 2014 2:16pm

I faced the same error in an on premise environment. However, it finally turned out to be an issue with the search service application on the environment. 

I replicated the same metadata and managed properties manually on  a different SP 2013 box and the refiners worked without any issues. 

It is better to give it a try on a different environment and check if the issues still occurs. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2014 2:07am

What was the issue with your search service?  I have the refiners empty in our production environment but working normally in our stage environment.

L

April 7th, 2015 3:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics