No such interface supported. Users only. Windows server 2008 R2
I have a client on windows server 2008 R2. Whenever a user in the 'Users' group logs onto the server, they get the error 'No such interface supported' when trying to do almost anything. If they try to view devices and printers, try to open any folder, they get the error. Most applications try to re-install if you attempt to launch them. Internet Explorer doesn't error out but it doesn't launch either. Nothing happens. Anything within the accessories folder (Through start --> all programs) can launch. Task manager also seems fine. These issues are only happening when a user from the 'Users' group logs in. If I add one of them to the administrators group, then they can work just fine. The issues occurred after another administrator had to re-install mas 200 and then restart the computer. In the event viewer there are the following events repeated on every logon, even if the user is in the administrators group: Event ID 4105 - The remote Desktop license server cannot update the license attributes... *Stuff to do to fix* Event ID 1061 - Unable to retrieve users Licensing information I performed the list under event ID 4105 ensuring that the computer account for the license server was in the correct group to the best of my knowledge. Timeclock on the terminal server is off from my desktop that I am testing by 1 minute 45 seconds.
June 25th, 2012 4:13pm

This issue might occur if system files are corrupted. disable UAC on the server and try running sfc /scannow from elevated cmd ( run as administrator ) if sfc /scannow doesn't help then try in-place upgrade of OS. How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099Press any key... What the ... Where's any key ? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2012 4:15pm

This issue might occur if system files are corrupted. disable UAC on the server and try running sfc /scannow from elevated cmd ( run as administrator ) if sfc /scannow doesn't help then try in-place upgrade of OS. How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099Press any key... What the ... Where's any key ? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me ?
June 25th, 2012 4:15pm

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2012 4:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics