No sound since Windows 2000 updates
I have an older desktop, and since updating my system so that I can surf the web I have no sound, even when I'm not online. Whats that about? Anyone?
October 28th, 2009 1:46am

Hi xoie,thank you for posting in windows server forums, can you please tell the following a) operating system version ( cmd --> winver)b) problem description is not clear, are you having problem with system sound ?, can you check by going to start -->settings --> controlpanel --> sounds and audio devices option and check if any of the controls are disabled.c) You need to check the vendor of he audio device which is fitted on to your system and update the relevant drivers to the latest, after identifying the driver make / build , please visit the manufacturing website to check if they have latest driver uploaded.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 28th, 2009 3:52am

Yes, I have checked the settings on my control panel to make sure none have been disabled. thats not it... it started when we hooked up internet at home after many years of not having any and of course our system needed to be updated on everthing from operating system to flash players. So when we started this process, we had sound very well. And after tons of updates, no sound. Nothing. We can see video, just cant hear it. Any ideas? Now we're getting a message that the system is low on virtual memory. Whats that?
November 2nd, 2009 5:10am

Hi Xoie,Doesthe sound card option work appear in your right task bar?The updatesYou may try uninstall the sound card driver in system Device manager and reboot the machine to install the sound card driver again.Does it help?Best Regards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2009 5:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics