No search results of wiki pages on Sharepoint 2013

Hi there

In my company we want to use Sharepoint's ability to host internal wiki but I have an issue with search results.

When I create new wiki page, text from it's content does not exists in search results.

- indexing aspx page content is set to 'Always index all Web Parts on this site'
- 'SharePoint Server Standard Site featuresis activated

But when I add new wiki library app and new wiki library page to it, it's content exists in search results.

In both cases crawl was forced to do an incremental search.

What can be a reason, which settings should I check?

• Edited by leshqo Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:48 AM
February 18th, 2014 8:48am

Hi,

try to check if in "Library Settings > Advanced settings" the "Search" option is set to "Yes"

Fabio

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2014 9:54am

Hi Fabio and thanks for your reply.

For all of my sites this option is set to Yes.

February 18th, 2014 12:40pm

Hi leshqo,

Whether this wiki page existed in the result page if you searched with the page name.

Please go to SharePoint Center Administration, and check the Crawl log to see whether the wiki page was crawled in the related content source.

Please do a full crawl to the content source, and compare the result.

In addition, make sure that you enabled 'Always index all Web Parts on this site' at the site that hosted the wiki page.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

February 20th, 2014 9:17am

Hi Wendy

1. Searching for page name doesn't give ane results.
2. Every of my wiki pages exists in crawl logs as indexed.
3. Full crawl is triggered every time some page is added.
4.Option 'Always index all Web Parts on this site' is also enabled.

So I'm still looking for solution.

February 21st, 2014 7:40am

Hi leshqo,

Did this issue occur on the only wiki page library?

As your question description, when you created a new wiki library, the search was ok. Please check the different of the two wiki llibraries.

It may be cuased by the wiki library that cannot be searched by some reasons.

Thanks,

February 21st, 2014 9:49am

Hi Wendy

The issue occures only for wiki pages. For pages added to wiki library app everything works fine.

• Edited by leshqo Friday, February 21, 2014 1:32 PM update
February 21st, 2014 12:25pm

Did you find anything? Im facing the same problems.

Thanks

July 3rd, 2014 11:24pm

I seem to facing the same problem, too -- although it's an Enterprise Wiki in my case. Any progress?
July 10th, 2014 7:53pm

Unfortunately the issue still occures and I wasn't able to find any working solution
July 11th, 2014 8:25am

I am not receiving zero results, but very few hits. Most of the contents of wiki articles are not showing up in search results.
July 14th, 2014 11:16pm

I have the same problem.

On my SharePoint 2013 on-premise farm, I create a Site collection with Enterprise wiki template. 10 enterprise wiki pages were created. I have reset the index and full crawl the site. I can find every page in the crawl log.

However, whatever keyword I tried (e.g. search "*") only two pages return as results. The other 8 pages cannot be searched out whatever I tried. The 8 pages are crawled according to crawl history.

Why? Is it a "feature"?

December 31st, 2014 1:56am

I was running into the same issue- I Reindexed the Library of pages and it seems to be working now. The option is under Advanced Settings. 
January 9th, 2015 9:02pm

In the crawl log, I found follow error:

The content processing pipeline failed to process the item. ( Index  was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection

After some investigation, it is due to the column "Wiki category". All wiki page has this column and I have checked "allowed mulitple values" checkbox. If I unchecked this checkbox, the search will go smooth.

However, the problem is not solved because I need "Wiki category" to "allowed mulitple values".... I have already enabled "allow mulitple values" for all Managed properties contain the word "wiki".

January 13th, 2015 1:31am

Thanks for your reply, next week I'll try your solution and describe the results.
January 13th, 2015 8:27am

Hello leshqo,

Did you manage to get any results out of the solution. If so please let me know the steps you followed as I'm facing a similar issue.

Regards

Rafael

June 19th, 2015 9:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics