No mouse input when MODI (mspview.exe) is started on Windows Server 2008 with the Desktop Experience Feature installed
Hi, I'm having a problem with MODI if Office 2007 is installed before Desktop Experience Feature on Windows Server 2008 x64. When MODI is started the desktop stops receiving mouse input and the user has to log off and on again to receive control over the mouse, the keyboard works fine. The same problem appears if MODI is started again and it doesn't matter if the user uses remote desktop or local console, or if the user has administrator permissions or regular user permissions. If the Desktop Experience Eeature is installed before Office 2007 is installed at all, it works as expected. In the case where Office 2007 was installed before Desktop Experience Feature it doesn't help to uninstall both and then reinstall both in the "correct" order. The only workaround I've found is to remove Desktop Experience and never re-install it. All patches for Windows Server 2008 and Office 2007 is installed in both cases. Is this a known issue or is it some workaround I could implement to get this working? I posted this question in the Office 2007 forum earlier, and was adviced to post it here. Best regards, Martin
August 19th, 2010 9:46am

Hi Martin, Please refer to the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2203203/en-us Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2010 11:12am

Hi and thanks, We'll try the proposed solution and supply feedback in this thread. Regards, Martin
August 20th, 2010 12:01pm

Hi, We used the first solution and it worked great. Thanks for your time. Regards, Martin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2010 11:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics