No connection to Windows 7 client admin$ share from server
Hi! I'm running a Windows Server 2003 SP2 with SCCM 2007 and need to connect to clients admin$ share. I can ping the clients both on hostname and IP but \\clientname\admin$ or \\clientname\c$ only gives me "Network provider not found" I am using a domain admin user and I can connect to client share from another laptops with the same user. Windows Firewall is OFF for domain on client and serverside. The only visible difference from the server and laptops is standard gateway, server: XXX.XX.10.X and clients XXX.XX.28.X Somebody, any ideas from where I can start troubleshooting? Best regards, Kenny
August 15th, 2011 4:12am

If you ping successfully on IP and host name, then the only information is that you have connectivity: 1. Ping protocol in enabled on target device and active network devices (router, switch,...) 2. In you can pin by name, the 1 applies and the name to IP works correctly. (Unfortunately you hide the real name format. Is it netbios name or fqdn name?) Access to the shared directories need more. It needs authenticate and transfer. If you give more info, then you will be given closer answer to your question.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2011 8:09am

Hi, Please run the command: net share to verify if these default hidden shares are normal? Do you have any antivirus software installed, such as Symantec, MacAfee and others? If so, please temporarily disable it to check the result. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet blog: Are your client machines getting errors such as “Network Path Not Found” or “The Specified Network Name Is No Longer Available” when connecting to a Windows 2008 Server share? http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2010/09/24/are-your-client-machines-getting-errors-such-as-network-path-not-found-or-the-specified-network-name-is-no-longer-available-when-connecting-to-a-windows-2008-server-share.aspx Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 16th, 2011 11:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics