No Support group for activities?
Is there a reason why there was no Support Group included in the Activity form?  The way I understand the use for Activities is that you can assign them for activities that require other support group or people to complete some action on a particular incident or service request.  There seems to be no easy way to do it for a group though.  Am I understanding the functionality of the tool incorrectly?
July 26th, 2012 8:47pm

In Manual Activities you can use the "Activity Implementer" (of the activity) where you can add ad users or ad groups.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2012 8:53pm

That can work but it is inconsistent with the other work Items.  It is a lot more difficult to create custom views for an AD group.  It almost seems like the intended use for the Area field was to be called the Support Group.  Does anyone have any real world examples of how they do this?  Is everyone just assigning to AD groups or users?
July 26th, 2012 9:02pm

Most of our customers are "assigning" activities to a user.
July 26th, 2012 10:27pm

I too would like to know if there is any real world examples of how to assign Activities in an unassigned state to a Support Group. 
February 2nd, 2015 7:56pm

Even after 2,5 years I didn't notice any requirement for support groups in Actvities so far. All of our customers are assigning users or groups to Activities without of demand for an additional support group property in Activties.

Hope this helps.

February 3rd, 2015 2:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics