No RDP after KB2667402
After installing KB2667402 RDP is not working anymore on any of our DCs, member Servers are fine. What I found so far is that on DCs rdpcorekmts.dll is missing. After uninstalling KB2667402 there is again a file rdpcorekmts.dll but with an old version number and RDP is still not working. I have so far used the Windows Software Update Readyness Tool which found no missing or corrupt files. I downloaded KB2667402, stopped the RDP Service, manualy installed it again and restarted RDP Service -> rdpcorekmts.dll missing & RDP not working. I have NOT installed KB2667402 before SP1 like others on the forums who had similar symtoms. If you have any ideas please advise.
June 16th, 2012 2:29pm

My first idea would be the use sfc /scannow. Let us know if it repair your RDPMCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2012 10:45pm

are you downloading/applying the v2 of this patch? v1 of this patch had this issue, as described in the kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2667402Don
June 17th, 2012 3:22am

I have the same issue .. no rdpcorekmts.dll after install of KB266740 .. uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded and tried V2 of the patch, rebooted .. no change .. still missing.
June 17th, 2012 9:27pm

Did that, did NOT reall repair RDP. What it did is replace rdpcorekmts.dll with an old version dated somewhen January 2012. This version has another problem, if you connect via RDP and authenticate RDP Service crashes.
June 18th, 2012 7:05am

Yes, I did download and apply version 2 of this patch. I verified this. I find it strange that all DCs are affected but no member servers...
June 18th, 2012 7:06am

I have the same issue .. no rdpcorekmts.dll after install of KB266740 .. uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded and tried V2 of the patch, rebooted .. no change .. still missing. Ok I ran the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) - scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them. And **POOF** there was my RDPCOREKMTS dll at the right level ! .. restarted all the RDP services .. but RDC still does not work .. :( .. frustrating !
June 18th, 2012 8:27pm

Do you see the RDP port open if you issue netstat -ano ?MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
June 18th, 2012 8:35pm

Hi, General steps, we uninstall the KB2667402 first. And restart the server, then reinstall the update. If the issue still persists, please try to replace the rdpcorekmts.dll from a working server. Hope it helps. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
June 18th, 2012 11:39pm

I have the same issue .. no rdpcorekmts.dll after install of KB266740 .. uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded and tried V2 of the patch, rebooted .. no change .. still missing. Ok I ran the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) - scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them. And **POOF** there was my RDPCOREKMTS dll at the right level ! .. restarted all the RDP services .. but RDC still does not work .. :( .. frustrating ! I have noticed that every time i try a RDP session (and fail !) I get a DCOM error event 10016 ... others getting the same thing ?
June 19th, 2012 9:14pm

Have you tried running the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) - scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them. I used it and made my RDPCOREKMTS.DLL suddenly appear .. mind you it didn't fix my RDP error though!
June 19th, 2012 9:16pm

Hi, For this issue, please uninstall both KB 2621440 and KB KB2667402 first, then install KB2667402 first, reboot and then install KB 2621440 and reboot. Another suggestion is please uninstall KB2667402 first, then check the rdpcorekmts.dll file version, if it is a different version than the one on the working servers, please rename and copy/replace it from the working server. Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 20th, 2012 2:30am

ok ive fixed it on my end Ive uninstalled updates from today to the original (to april) i then switched off the rdp services and replaced the rdpcorelmts.dll to one dating back to january 2010 made sure the services where still off, restarted the server. RDP magically works, now i know its a security risk but its only happen to servers that have mature 2008 installs on them. my new servers and vmware dont have this issue. for now im going to clone the machine and pick and choose which updates i can install correctly and wait for a decent patch to fix this issue.
June 20th, 2012 6:46am

Any update on this? I've seen this exact same issue on (2) Win7 Enterprise, 64-bit. Any fixes out there?
June 21st, 2012 12:04pm

One more detail - I've having the same issues with 64 bit Windows 7 Professional systems; In the TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Operational log I see the message: "Terminal Server Role is not installed".
June 21st, 2012 4:00pm

hi there we had the same issue: after installing patch 2667402, RDP on a appl. server didn't work anymore. so we uninstalled the patch - but no success! we also tryed to change the DLLs which where described in diverse blogs, install / uninstall patch 2667402 and 2621440, and so on. but no.... what finally worked for us: uninstall patch 2667402 - reboot, AND then delete all reg-keys and all reg-binarys (some entries you can't) with the content of "2667402". reboot the server again, and all worked fine! we hope to help anyone out there with this crappy (sorry - but it is....it took me 3 days to fix that) problem. regards simmix
June 28th, 2012 5:26am

I'm having this issue too, no RDP in a Win7 SP1. I tried all kind of things, uninstalling and reinstalling KB2667402 v2 and KB2621440 in all kind of combinations, and also replacing with old versions of rdpcore.dll, rdpcorekmts.dll and rdpwsx.dll (with the exception of rdrmemptylst.exe cause I only have one in my system). In the event log I can see the code errors 0x8007064a and 0x8007045b, saying remote desktop service can't be started. I don't know what else to test. Is there any possiblity for anyone having RDP working again with Win7 SP1 to share it's dlls working versions here? Thanks in advance
July 14th, 2012 12:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics