No OS Configuration tab when looking at properties of a VM template

So I have half a dozen templates currently in my VMM 2012 instance.  When I go into the properties of them they have Hardware and OS configuration tab and I can build them out easily via the App Controller.  I just created a new template from a current VM host and after it brought it in, there is no OS Configuration tab so I can't add to domain, or do anything like that during the App Controller deployment.  What am I missing here?

I used the Server 2016 TP3 ISO to build the VM from which I created the template.  

August 20th, 2015 12:56pm

Hi Sir,

I tested in my lab , it results into same issue (If you select pre-configured OS profile it will fail to create VM template).

It seems that is a not supported scenario , futher more , after created that VM template the OS was still not be syspreped .

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 3:57am

Hi Sir,

I tested in my lab (VMM 12R2 with UR6), it results into same issue (If you select pre-configured OS profile it will fail to create VM template).

But I got the information regarding supporting win10 client from RU7 :

"After you install this update, you can provision and customize Windows 10 Client Virtual Machines (VMs). This support does not include installing Virtual Machine Manager Console on Windows 10 operating system clients."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3066340

Best Regards,

El

August 21st, 2015 7:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics