New version of an appliaction that is inside MED-V 2.0 (XP workspace on windows 7)
So I was reading this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff433545.aspx, but I still can figure it out. Heres my question: Say I set everything up, roll some batch file to install everything. But in 6 month, patch for flash or a new version comes up. Will I be able to push that update/new version through my ESD, INTO the XP work spcae? Or would I had to do the chance, "re-package" the new workspace and push that new workspace to overwrite the old one? Problem is badnwidth limitation... So I'd like to know. Thanks!
September 9th, 2011 8:51am

Well it's always good to have a proccess to keep you images up to date, you would probably be served better by having windows update services enable and/or a patch management system in place to keep machines up to snuff.:P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2011 9:15am

Hi, As there is no forum specifically for MED-V, you can try the Windows 7 - Virtualization forum, or the Windows Virtual PC 2007 forum. For the question, as you said, if any patch is released, you will need to re-package the workspace. However it is not mean you need to re-create the whole workspace. Instead, you can use Virtual PC 2007 to open the original VM, install patch or new program, then go to Publish application screen in MED-V to publish the new program and "re-package" it.TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
September 14th, 2011 10:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics