New user profile is corrupted after computer restart
Hi,I have a Windows 2003 domain and around 100 XP client machines. I often need to setup an existinguser on a different PC and have done so without problem for years.Now I have two PC's on which I setup new user profiles (domain users) and that works fine until the PC is restarted. On logging on, I get a message saying Windows cannot load the locally stored profile suggesting insufficient security rights or a corrupted profile. All the settings e.g. printer, proxy, mail etc are gone.I have added these users to the local administrators group to avoid security right problems. This happens every timeI setup a user on these two PC's. Setting up the same users on other PC's causes no issues. The existing users on the PC's can still log on without issues.Any ideas as to what might be happening here? Because it happens on two separate PC's it seems to be related to the domain rather than the PC itself.Thanks,John
November 27th, 2009 8:42am

Hi John,According to your description, I understand that 2 XP clients can notlogon new AD account. If I have misunderstand you, please do not hesitate to let me know.To narrow down the root cause, please confirm the items below:1. Go to the problematic PC and check under documents and setting, "default user" is there.2. Grant the problematic user account has full-control permission on his profile folder.3. Does it have any event log in the problematic computer?4. Do you receive any error message when the user failed to logon? If so, please let us know the error message WORD by WORD.Best Regards,WilsonJia This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 27th, 2009 11:27am

Thank you very much for your reply.I only now have had time to revisit this problem and find that it has resolved itself! I am unsure what has occurred but hope I don't experience it again especially with existing users losing their profile.Thank you.John
December 4th, 2009 12:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics