New server installation Windows Server 2008 R2 Updates Stalled
Hi, I have just purchased a server for a charity I assist and have been completing the necessary updates for the server as part of the initial server configuration. It downloaded 72 updates and has rebooted but stalled on Stage 3 of 3 "Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer". This has been displayed for the last two hours. Any idea how I can progress this?
April 13th, 2011 1:11pm

Hello, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en-usBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 13th, 2011 5:13pm

Hi, I would like to ask whether “Windows will not start and the computer continues to restart and display the same message…”. If so, please refer to the suggestions in the link Meinolf provided for troubleshooting. If the system can be started, please boot into Clean Boot environment to install the updates again: 1. Click "Start", click “Run” and type "msconfig" to start the System Configuration Utility. 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". 4. Restart your computer. If the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the box and click "OK". 5. Perform Windows Update again. If the issue persists, please help gather the Windowsupdate.log for further research. Go to %windir%\Windowsupdate.log. You can also paste the errors in the log here for research. You can upload the file to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=129cdd16-d597-4744-ba39-091acb1bbf1e) Password: 8^q[s$**vs*lO Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 15th, 2011 3:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics